Wednesday 2 March 2011

A New Month

I always forget how quickly February seems to pass. Do you still get that little flicker of excitement that you'd get at school, when you write the date and it's a new number for the month? I do a bit. The third month of the year has started well, yesterday was a beautiful day. I walked to the shops at about half four, and the sun was very much still up and shining, and it was warm enough not to need a coat. Quite a big contrast to Berlin. It was that lovely sort of temperature that makes you want to swing your arms back and forth whilst you walk, although not on a crowded pavement i hasten to add. I don't want to jump the gun here, but spring seems to be tentatively poking it's head round the corner. I saw shoots of unopened daffodils and crocuses on the grassy boarders, and it brightened my already fairly good day. 
Roll on spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment