60g Dark Chocolate
3 tbsp Golden Syrup
2 Large Eggs
200g Caster Sugar
125g Pecans or Walnuts, broken into pieces
95g Plain Flour (we use wheat free, so that the difficult half of the family can enjoy them too)
1tsp Baking Powder
A Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
2. Grease a 20x20cm baking tin using lard, then cut a square of greaseproof paper to fit in the bottom.
3. Melt the chocolate, syrup and lard in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until light in colour and texture.
5. Add in the melted chocolate mixture, and sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the walnuts or pecans, being careful not to over-mix.
6. Spread evenly into the prepared tin, and bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares and eating.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think.