Thursday 17 June 2010

Playing Catch Up

(my bar)
It feels like an age since i've done anything blog related. I've worked 5 out of the last 7 nights, which is a bit of a shock to my system, and seems to have rendered me useless to the blogging world. I work behind the bar at a big Italian restaurant near home. I've worked in restaurants part-time since i was 16, and have dealt with a huge variety of interesting customers, who i'm sure will one day feature in my future best-selling novel. I do enjoy the work because you meet such a wide range of people and get to watch how they react in social situations, whilst having the physical barrier of the bar to separate you from them. I also love guessing what dishes people will go for, depending on the company they're in. The awkward first dates are my favourite to watch, as the couple run their eyes over the menu and look alarmed at the amount of spaghetti and 'messy dishes' on offer.
I think another reason i've let regular blogging slip is because i've been going back and forth from the family home to the flat. I haven't had the time to sit down and think, which sounds odd because i've finished my course for the summer now and all i have is time. I've decided to set myself some little projects over the summer to keep myself busy. I don't like not having something to get up for in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment