Sunday 19 September 2010

Eat, Pray, Love...Talk?

In my usual fashion of ambling unremittingly along behind the rest of the world, i have discovered Ted Talks, or been introduced to them i should say. The video below is of a talk given by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of 'Eat Pray Love'). I absolutely loved her book, which i read this time last year, and was a bit apprehensive about watching her give her talk. I had an image in my mind of how she should talk & be, and didn't want that ruined. Luckily she seems perfectly nice and witty, and i really quite enjoyed my first Ted Talk.


I loved the bit where she talked about the poet Ruth Stone, describing how a poem charges up on you and you have to rush to find a pen and paper to write everything down. I love that feeling. 

Who would you want to see a talk by?

No comments:

Post a Comment